The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

12.05.2010

Letting Go

December 5 Let Go.
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?


I am some what of a control freak. It is very difficult for me to just let things go. I have always felt that the way for things to get do in my life is for me to take on all of the responsibility and do them all myself. This year has been a little different for me.

I have been doing my best to let go of my past regrets, haunting memories, and all of the "cannots". I have been learning to let go of fear, and learning to trust. I have been practicing trusting my husband, my family, friends, and most of all God with all of the details. I choose my path, but all of these people contribute to the journey along the way.

The hardest part for me is letting go of the comfort that comes with tightly controlling a situation, but the rewards have been the greatest of blessings.

This year I have unexpectedly received employment, was able to conceive a child, and I was able to overcome great big disappointments without worrying to much about who to blame. Loosening my grip has allowed me to live more freely, and to enjoy every unexpected moment and daily miracle that comes my way.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I have to agree. letting go of the things we are comfortable with is always hard but then we won't experience the better if we don't let go! beautiful photo.

i receive unemployment too!