The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

12.24.2010

Just Live


December 24 Everything’s OK 
What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?



The moment would have to be shortly after finding out that our friend Julia had passed away. The first couple of days were very tough for my husband, and for me, but once we made our way to Wisconsin and visited her family things slightly changed for me. I saw how much everyone loved her, how everyone was going to miss her, but most of all I saw the pleasure and peace that came from knowing that Julia had lived her life to the fullest. Julia in all of her days, both joyous and sad, made sure to squeeze the life out of every experience she had. It was then that I realized that all I could do in life is live my days as Julia did, with a laugh and a joke at the end of every wrong turn. The most we can ask of lives is that they are lived.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

i am really sorry about your friend Julia's passing but your right, life is about living it to the fullest!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Thank you for your insight into the Beautiful Julia. I miss my friend- but love seeing her eat ice cream in the snow.

Love, Leslie