The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

12.26.2010

Freedom in a still


December 25 Photo, a present to yourself
Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.


I searched through old post and Facebook photo albums, and this is the picture that I have chosen. It includes my husband Anthony, and was taken at a beach along the 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach. We had spent the day riding through the back roads listening to Muddy Waters with our windows rolled down and arms waving out the windows. The days seemed perfectly created for our exploration. This picture reminds me of the free feeling that I felt that day, and that really defines the pure simple joys of my soul. I wore no make up, I didn't comb my hair, heck I don't think I even bothered to shower that morning. My husband joins me in his natural state, free from any obligation to dress, act, or feel a certain way. I love this photograph so much. It has captured a moment and feeling that I never want to forget.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

the photo is adorable, and the story behind it? even better!