The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

12.03.2010

and I was ALIVE

December 3 Moment.
Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).


In July of 2010 I decided to conquer one of my greatest fears, I jumped back on the bike. The feeling of the wind as I rode freely down the street was amazing. I hadn't felt so free in all of my life's memory. The day my husband and I rode along the vineyards was like a dream, cars rode by, the sun was shinning, and all of god's little creatures must have been playing through the rows of grapes. I remember how my husband would look back at me to make sure I was okay, his eyes were full of love and pride. He even let me pass him at one point and I felt like a little girl pedaling alone for the very first time. After the lovely day was all said and done I had a sore bum and tired legs to show for all of my hard work. It was the perfect moment when I turned my fears into freedom.

3 comments:

AnieLii said...

Lovely :)

elizabeth said...

Sounds like a success! i am glad you conquered it :)

Laura said...

Your bike reminds me of mine! Except it's way cuter. But I've got an old green cruiser with a wicker basket. Love it!