The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

11.25.2010

Happy Thanksgiving :)


Every Thanksgiving we travel to my mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving Luncheon, we spend some hours there before heading to my dad's side of the family for Thanksgiving Dinner and end the evening there. It's pretty crazy trying to fit everyone in, but it works out.

Today I would like to share with you guys my favorite Thanksgiving Day Traditions.

On my mom's side, the de Leon's, every year we all gather together, family members and friends, and we take a jumbo family picture. It is so much fun, and such a great memory for us for the year.

2007

2008

2009

and we shall see how this years photo turns out!

On my dad's side, the Montoya's, we have a little different experience. We start off with a scripture reading, and then everyone takes turns saying something that they are thankful for. I remember doing this since I was really really small. I love it, and everyone always gets emotional at some point. After we have a little Thanksgiving Prayer, we all eat up, and then get ready for the talent show, or karaoke. I remember one year when I was a preschooler, my cousin Alex & I sang "La Pulga de San Jose", but lately we have just plugged in the karaoke machine and gone for it.



That isn't a me of course, my cousin Alex and I were much cuter!

2007

2008

2009

What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving Day Traditions?

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Family is always something i am thankful for. your family is SO big! i love it.


happy thanksgiving love!

AnieLii said...

It looks like fun and you can totally tell you are surrounded by people that love you and you love. Your family is big :) Lucky!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Alex Martinez said...

Awesome! I had forgotten about my pulga de san jose times! Wow Jessica you guys have such an awesome blog! Love you cousin!

Alex