The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

10.19.2010

tuesday

A beautiful morning. The blessings of a day off and vacation day used to sleep in and be lazy. It has been a long time since I have been able to lay in bed and watch him sleep. It's not as creepy as it sounds. It's something more like a deep love, a daily miracle that often goes unnoticed, the recovery of the body, the unconscious breaths. He never looked so lovely, so at peace. My first thought when I woke up and felt the large gap between us that we were practicing not squishing the baby. Usually it's not until I am up and about to have breakfast that I remember that I am pregnant, but something about today is just magical. It's as if today was made for us.

The house is silent, a bit cool, and the world seems to be still.

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

great photo, great post!

LaLa said...

I admire you both so much! what a love you both share, it's amazing and inspiring. I love you both and I'm so excited and happy for you both at the magic you both are experiencing and being a part of! <3

JAY-J!™ NGUYEN said...

I love this post, and I love this photo. You guys are a beautiful couple.

Monique said...

Cute...you're giving me a toothache!! lol

sheiswinterwest said...

yall make me so happy :)