The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

9.21.2010

Me in 30, Day Five

Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to


We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, 
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, 
that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

This little room my dear readers is the room that changed our whole lives as Americans. This picture was taken inside of Independence Hall. For those of you that don't know, I am in love with American History, so last year for my birthday we went on a cross country trip and visited D.C & Philadelphia for the sole purpose of experiencing our country's history. We also made some fun stops in NY & Chicago, but this moment was the highlight of the trip. I could not believe I was standing in the same room that Thomas Jefferson and George Washington stood in, the very room that our Declaration of Independence was signed in. I was walking the streets that Ol' Benjamin Franklin would take strolls down. That was amazing to me. It was such an emotional trip because when we are talking American History, we are also talking about all of the dumb stuff that people thought was okay back in the day, like slavery and a woman being property, not having any real value, but we are also talking about the changes and progression that we have made since then. I hope that one day soon people will be able to say that we have moved passed being idiots about Gay Rights and recognized them as Human Rights, Civil Liberties that everyone should have, not just people that choose to love who the country as a mass thinks is the right person. Freaking American man, I love you and dislike you all at the same time.

See my travelpod blog from our trip. It has mobile pictures and short descriptions that I was uploading along our trip.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

pretty cool! I've never been anywhere important like this before. great shot :)

elizabeth said...

RE: my mother's moved to a different country but she's coming to visit for a few weeks :D

LaLa said...

you are such a cutie, another reason why I love you such, HISTORY BUFF! ;)