The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

8.15.2010

Trust with all of your heart.


It has been another crazy weekend at Casa de Taylor. This weekend we decided to repaint our living area, and for the first time I was frightened by color. Saturday I felt so overwhelmed by it all but as usual my family came over and helped save us. Today we had to touch up one of our colors that was being very difficult, and after the first five minutes I had to lock myself in the restroom and collect my thoughts and emotions.

Once I reemerged my husband was right there waiting to give me a hug. I realized at that moment that this was my chance to truly own the "spiritual" part of Spiritual Sundays. After that we took the painting our own way, slowly, we turned up the volume on our little stereo, and just got going. I took sometime to do a little painting for our living room, and it was amazingly peaceful.

I felt like I really took a moment to chill out, asked my God to give me some peace, and moved on slowly. Sometimes all we need is to lay back and put things into God's hands.

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, 
and lean not on your own understanding. 
Remember the Lord in everything you do, 
and he will make your path straight"
Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

awe, don't be frightened, change is always good :)

can we see photos?

Monique said...

amen sister...amen. i'm praying for you. xoxo

LaLa said...

That's why I love you and Anthony, always there for each other no matter what I love how he is so supporting of you. I'm super proud of you for turning you ugly feelings into positive and good ones :) love you