The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

8.30.2010

So SORRY

Guys I am so sorry for being M.I.A. lately! I have been extremely tired and super busy. Put the two together and you get a girl napping with any free time she can get, or babysitting two babies. Anywho, here I am \(*v*)/

I wanted to share with you guys a prayer that really touched me this weekend, and since I wasn't here for Spiritual Sunday, this post will have to do.

The prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


This prayer touched me because the real message behind it all is to humble yourself and allow yourself to be used as an instrument for others that may not have a way to make it one their own. My weekend was beyond hectic, I babysat my niece and nephew, and had a lot of other stuff I wanted to get done, but being with the kids really gave me a way to be that instrument for them. Babies can't do very much on their own, and to be the arms that comforted, the hand that fed, the arms that reached, the fingers that tickled, and the heart that loved was such a blessing for me. All that I was able to give of myself, they filled back in me so many times over.

I hope you guys had a great weekend, and have a blessed week :)

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

very cute prayer. those kids are adorable!

LaLa said...

you are amazing! i love you