The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

8.11.2010

my reflection in light


On this day three years ago...

I woke up with Pepto Bismol and a Sprite.
I had a trillion people at my apartment getting ready.
I hid behind a wall at the church until Anthony was making his way to the alter.
I had my grandma's rosary tied around my bouquet of flowers.
I was so nervous at church you would have thought I just committed murder.
I was married in Gods house to the man of my dreams.
Anthony took a swig of Jack Daniels with our godfather on the way to the reception.
I put myself before other peoples drama.
I was a bridezilla for about 10 mins total.
I had a fantastic first dance to THE LIGHT - Common & Erykah Badu.
My fresh out the chapel husband had a dance battle with our flower girls.
Friends and Family showed us so much support and love.
I danced the night away under the stars atop a beautiful mountain overlooking the entire valley.
I became the happiest woman alive.
I was presented for the first time as Mrs. Anthony Curtis Taylor.

On this day three years ago I was the princess,
and everyday since then I have been his queen.

and because I love our song SO VERY MUCH Imma have to post it up again

4 comments:

LaLa said...

your guys are such an inspiration. You marriage is based on all the right things and when I'm around you I can feel the love and respect you have for each other, it's a beautiful thing. I wish you both many more years of love and happiness! Happy Anniversary <3

Melissa said...

Congrats!!! So beautiful. May you have many many many more anniversaries. :)

elizabeth said...

wow. this is amazing. i have faith thanks to you. you two are the best!!!

Monique said...

Awwww that is so beautiful. Congrats!!