The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

8.22.2010

Love & New Life

Today I enjoyed mass with a ton of family members. It was a special occasion, my parents 30th Wedding Anniversary. It was pretty awesome seeing them get their special little blessing and everyone being around them clapping. I couldn't help but image how Anthony & I will be twenty-seven years from now. I guess Anthony was thinking along the same lines because as my parents stood up at the alter he turned to me and said, when we have our 30th anniversary we will have a twenty-six/twenty-seven year old child. I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth.

As we were there celebrating the love between my parents, inside I was still celebrating the miracle of life that is growing within me. That is right folks, I am pregnant. This week has been so emotionally charged and now I understand why.

The power that has overcome me is beyond belief. I have never felt so indebted to my Lord as I am now. I am some how spiritually drained and re-energized all in one.

Because I am babysitting tonight I don't have much time to post, but I did want to leave you with a link to my brand new blog, and the only other blog I will be working on for the next eight months. I am temporarily closing the duckmonk & love.laugh.shoot. blogs.

To read our pregnancy post, and follow our journey please visit FLOWERS OR MUD!


5 comments:

Monique said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. God is good!!! Hugs!!

elizabeth said...

this is too sweet! brings tears to my eyes and i also went to mass. it's very fulfilling :)

elizabeth said...

wow. I'm still in shock Jayka. i know this was your wish! I'm glad your happy! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JAY-J!™ NGUYEN said...

I love this.

LaLa said...

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I'm like dying right now and feel horrible because I haven't seen this... I've been so busy with work (crazy busy, whole other story) UGHHHH your having a baby omg omg omg omg omg ok I'm calling you this moment and your not picking up the phone are you tryin to kill me !!! lol OMG I'm so happy for you call me back i love you