The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

6.25.2010

A new me :)


Yesterday my life changed. A few weeks ago Lala and I agreed that we would do a little book exchange, I sent her Dirty Girls Social Club (a fun summer read), and she lent me Skinny Bitch. Yesterday I started to read the book and I was instantly pulled in. I had to stop reading when I got to "You are what you eat" because it was really graphic, and it was lunch time. After lunch I picked up the book again and finished it off. This book has changed me, it was just what I needed.


As my 28th life marker was rolling around, I was trying to figure out some projects, challenges, new habits to pick up, and I have decided that I am going back to my vegetarian ways. The last time I tried the veggie lifestyle was for lent, I was successful, and it really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. This time around I think this will be my lifestyle from this point forward. After reading about the animal cruelty, on top of the health benefits of going green, it was an easier decision to make. It's going to take me longer to get off of my dairy and go vegan, but I am not ruling it out yet.

Please folks if you see me/hear of me slipping don't eat me alive, but ask me about it. I need your support, I am a weak human that loves chicken wings and bacon, but I can change.

On top of my decision to become vegetarian, I am trying to kick off a year of wellness that will hopefully lead to many more healthy years. I am looking for new projects and challenges to keep me focused on the positive things in life, and also heal from my bumpy past. Wave at me if you hear of any fun projects to do.

For my first challenge I am going to take on the 30 Day Letter Challenge (see sidebar). I am hoping it brings closure where things need to be closed, and openness to relationships that need to be developed. I am not sure if I will be posting all of the letters on my blog being that some may be a little tough to write or read, but I will do my best because ultimately I think that it will help me to feel the vulnerability followed by the power that comes from expressing yourself to an audience.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I read the book also when Lala wrote about it and it does change your life big time! it's an amazing book. i recommend everyone read it!

i'm also glad you've decided to take on this journey, it's a great one!

Monique said...

Hmmm...my friend read this and she is now a vegetarian. I think I'm going to read. I used to be a vegetarian, stuck with it for 2 years and I practice during Lent too. I really do want to stop eating meat. But, I love me some wings too! lol

JAY-J!™ NGUYEN said...

I don't think I could ever be vegetarian or vegan. I enjoy eating meat entirely too much, and I simply am too stubborn to learn about the so-called health benefits of going green. Anywho, I am sooo happy that you are joining the 30 Day Letter Challenge. Ever since I posted that on my blog, it seems as if everyone I follow and who follows me is doing it.

LaLa said...

you are such an amazing person and this is only going to make you better, I PROMISE! It's amazing how what we eat has such an effect on the way we act, think, feel, and live! I'm always here to support you, always don't let anyone or anything stop you on this journey you are about to take. I praise you for doing this and really seeing passed the wings and other favorites, seriously there are TONS of great substitutes out there for wings and bacon, you don't have to feel like it's a DIET PLEASE don't feel like it's a diet that's when you will fall off, remember it IS a lifestyle change and you will have what's called V haters, that will try to put down your choices stay strong and EDUCATE your self so you wont EVER doubt yourself!! Go to PETA.com NOW and order a FREE Veggie starter kit! I'm always here ALWAYS!! I love you so and I'm super proud of you for doing this and making other changes in your life once I kick off my 'Pursuit of TOTAL health and wellness' on my blog I'll let you know! I'm sending you Queen's book I finished last week... IT is thee PERFECT follow up book from skinny bitch, she will give you a HUGE boost of confidence and a major reality check, Iloved it and I know u will I'm mailing it tomorrow that sooner you get it the better! <333 ilove you