The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

6.25.2010

01: Dear Best Friend

Dear Steph,

Thank you for everything that you are, and everything that you are not. Growing up you were more like my sister than anything else to me. You have loved me on days that I was unlovable, you have pulled me though time when I felt I was drowning in sorrow, and you have definitely cried with me from laughing uncontrollably at time when it wasn't appropriate to even giggle. You have been my bestfriend since before I knew what the word friend meant.


I love you, and I want you to know, feel, and understand just how much you mean to me. You have had to deal with things in your life that I wish I could just erase, and you came though it all a stronger person. Now when I see you with my godson Jonas and beautiful Aaliyah I am simply amazed by you. You have such strength, and pride. I love the way you care for those babies, and share them with all of us.

You have been there with me through it all, and I love you more than ever before. I hope that nothing ever comes between our friendship, and that we grow old and grey together. We have to make it through to tell all of the great-great grandkids how we used to jump in Tio Mac's truck, play lava monster with the lawn cushions, and how our mothers used to stalk the New Kids on the Block.

I love you.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This letter is so sweet! and that photo is too adorable for words :)

Monique said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww!

JAY-J!™ NGUYEN said...

Thank the Lord for amazing best friends. :] This letter is really sweet.