The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

4.05.2010

Our Family Book


I had a wonderful day off today, and I stayed busy putting together our family book. The family book is something that each adoptive family has to put together with pictures of family, friends, and home. It is then shown to social workers to help match children to us, and the children get copies of the books if they want to meet us. These books are also used for birth parents to choose families they might be interested in.

When you think about it like that it can be a bit overwhelming, but all I keep telling myself is that I am not trying to impress anyone with this, we are just showing who we really are. It's hard to just be very basic and not make yourself seem cooler that you really are because you want these people to fall in love with you, but I suppose it is more important that they fall in love with you for the right reasons.

I am pretty exhausted from sitting in front of this computer all day. There are twenty-two pages in all, even if it felt like I put together a whole Harry Potter series, so here are a few of those pages for your viewing pleasure. Hope you enjoy them!




7 comments:

No One Reads The Copy said...

Beautiful family!

chelsea rebecca said...

aw this is so wonderful!
your family is just so beautiful and wonderful!!

Elizabeth said...

awe, this is too sweet, and i know how exciting it must be for you, i can't wait!

LaLa said...

you did an amazing job love, I'm so proud to know you, you and your hubby are so humbling!! I know that you guys are going to be best with the right child, I just know! You book truly is the easiest to fall in love with, you are already amazing enough! <3

the EyeZuh said...

thats a great project! maybe i need to step my game up and start doing digital scrap books lolz... but what will i do with all that paper?? haha

the EyeZuh said...

and good luck with your adoption process! i'm sure God will bless you with a beautiful child soon :) <3

Jayka said...

thanks guys!