The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

4.22.2010

C.R.E.A.M.


It is official, we are BROKE. For the past couple of months we have somehow been living on our last few dollars, but we have reached the end of our bank account, and my temp job is now reaching it's end also. We were counting on our tax refund to pay off our debt and get our savings back to normal, but in March a few weeks before our refund was due we spend a large amount of our money on all the things we needed for our child's room, and within days we received a notice from the IRS stating that they needed more backup for our home buyers credit. We turned in our paperwork AGAIN, and have been waiting ever since. I have called them twice since then to get an updated status on our return and I was just told to call back in two week. They said they can't even tell me that they have received our paperwork back. This is very frustrating. I know there are a ton of people calling about the same issues, but it just doesn't seem fair. I also learned that 99% of the Home Buyers Credits are being pulled on their pay dates for review. I am feeling incredibly defeated. Before losing my job last August we were on our way to settling all of our finances and reaching a very good place in our lives. It is so unfair that a few greedy people tried to make so much money that they messed up our whole economy, and their mistakes have effected so many people around the world. I worked hard through school, at my jobs, with my husband to be where we were. I am proud that we have been able to make it from August to April on 50% of our income thanks to our savings and budgeting, but I can't do it anymore. We have exhausted all of our money lines and I don't know what to do. Money has never been a focus for me. I knew it was needed to live in this world, but it never held any power over me, now because of my financial situation I am months away from being in a position to lose our home, our car, and most importantly our dream of adoption.

I know that I must kept the faith that has brought me along all of my life, but I still have the right to vent! Please don't tell me everything will work out, I trust that what is meant to be will be, but I just need to get this out right now. I am pretty disappointed. IRS I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW.

6 comments:

LaLa said...

I exactly what your talking about and what you are feeling, I've been there so many times but I can tell you it always get better, don't let it beat you are your hubby I know it's like trying to dig yourself out of a hole and the dirt just keeps coming in.. :\ I'll keep you in thought and prayer love and I just know everything is going to work out! Love you bunches! L

Emma Jade said...

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! My dad lost his job last year and my hours were cut to a minimum at work.. it was a really tough time! It might seem impossible but battle through, it will get better!
xxx

Elizabeth said...

awe, i'm sorry to hear this. hang in there. god is good and you will come up from this.

Monique said...

So sorry to hear. We owe the IRS $$, I don't even know where we are going to get it from. Just don't lose hope and especially your faith. He will lead you where you need to be. You already know this. You and your family are in my prayers. Always. :)

sheiswinterwest said...

Hang in there sweetheart! God has your back!

Jayka said...

thanks girl. ur love is amazing!