The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

3.07.2010

Love Your Body!

I once again have something wonderful to say about my blogging buddy Lala, she is being a brave little soldier and is dedicating the month of March to loving her body, and sharing the experience with all of her readers. Here's the kicker, I am joining her on her mission to explore and learn to love herself, but of course I am applying it to myself, and learning to love myself more. This is such an awesome idea, and I already know that it will be a challenge. Anyhow, she started this project on March 1st, and today is now officially March 7th, so I have a little bit of catching up to do. Please hang in there with me as I completely lower my guard down and expose myself a little more on my blog.

Day 01: Have a Self Love Photoshoot and list 5 Things that you love about your body.






I ♥ my big ears. I ♥ the shape of my eyes. I ♥ my fat legs. I ♥ my feet. I ♥ smile.

Day 02: Post-It yourself with loving, encouraging words.

Day 03: This activity is about reflecting on the "good" and why. Share the reason why you appreciate your body and all it does for you on a daily basis.

I love my big floppy ears because they give me something to play with when I get bored, but most importantly because the allow me to listen to the beautiful sounds of nature, and the kind words my husband whispers to me.
I love the scar on my chin because it tells a story of my youth, and a crazy adventure.
I love my shoulders because they are always ready to be there for someone to cry on, and because they feel so good when I get them rubbed.
I love my booty because shaking it makes dancing so much more fun.
I love my feet, especially my right foot because it hold a special tattoo dedicated to my brothers.

Day 04: It's time to look at our not so favorite things and turn that negativity to a positive! List 5 things that are not your favorite (about your body) but why you still love it and how you can make it better!

I really don't like my waist, but I still love it because even if it's a little wider than what I would like, my waist gives me a place to put my hands when I am angry, or a place for him to wrap his arms around when he wants to pull me near. I can work on this by eating better and working out.

I really don't like my skin, but I still love it because it feels nice when it touches my loved ones. I can work on this by treating it to fancy soaps/lotions.

I really don't like my knees, but I still love them because they help me to walk without looking like a stick person. I can work on this by working out.

I really don't like my arms, but I still love them because they allow me to embrace those I love. I can work on this by working it out!

I really don't like my nose, but I still love it because it's like my grandma's. I can't really work on it, but that's okay with me.

Day 05: Give yourself seven "my body is" statements.

my body is a dwelling for the holy spirit.
my body is off limits to drugs & sexual abuse.
my body is shared with my husband.
my body is unlike anyone else's body.
my body is juicy.
my body is the carrier of my soul.
my body is strong and beautiful.

Day 06: Time to show your self some love! The Post assignment for day six will come in two parts! Part One, This Saturday Sunday treat yourself to something, a bubble bath, a massage, paint your toes, a healthy meal, a movie, a NAP, it does matter what it is as LONG AS IT MAKES YOU FEELS GOOD AND IS GOOD FOR YOU! I can't stress enough that we don't DO for our self like we should, so here is your day, do it up, little or big just get out or stay in and make you body feel loved!

As you may have guessed, part two will be SHARING what you did, pictures if you would like or just the story and how it made you feel and will you plan to do this in the future. Enjoy yourself, spoil yourself, Love yourself!

Well, I treated my to two days of sleeping in and wearing sweats, at least for the most part. I have had a very busy week so I needed to kick back and just chill. My hubby doesn't know this yet, but I am also getting a massage tonight!

11 comments:

norbyguy said...

This is awesome! :)

No One Reads The Copy said...

I love this post!! You are so cute :)

Charles said...

This is such a cool concept. Go ahead and keep loving yourself, cause I know your husband definitely does.

LaLa said...

Thank you, thank you a million Thank yous for taking the time to LOVE YOU for who you are, this makes me so happy and seeing this and your email first thing Monday morning, just made my entire week, You are such a blessing to have join the team and I absolutely love this entire post! I'm proud of you and please ENJOY yourself doll this is so good! <33

Monique said...

Such a brave girl!! Good for you! :)

ahlin said...

loving your body is SO important! this is great!

Layla Winterborne said...

This is lovely. Really. =)

Jayka said...

Thank you guys so much for the support, it's kinda scary but lots of fun doing this.

laura said...

I LOVE THIS!!

Kimberly Michelle said...

ADORE this post =)

Steph said...

Cute skivvies in a totally non-creepy way.

Woot-woot! Great post :D