The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

2.20.2010

so much on my mind i just can't recline

Sorry that I have been in and out of my blog the past weeks, I have been thinking a lot about the things going on in my life, and it can get to be a bit overwhelming. I am a Catechist at my church, a good friend, my husband and I make up the confirmation third year team, and my students haven't been turning in their reports and that has been stressing me out. I am still looking for a darn job, and it is getting really old. We filed our tax return already, but since we purchased our home last year we had to paper file to receive the tax credit. It is taking a lot longer and they cannot even verify that they have received our paperwork yet, and we are counting on that to pay for our April Chicago Vacation.

AND the biggest thing that I have been pondering over is how being unemployed may affect our adoption process. We had our second foster/adoption meeting this week and we both feel excited and cannot wait to get our home-study done so that we can start to care for a child. The hardest parts are not knowing how much income they will require, and when we moved into our house last summer we torn down the second bedroom and used it as an extension to our living space (we have a tiny house) and now we have to put the wall back up and build a closet. The construction is no problem, my dad is a pro, but buying all of the materials can be costly. The most exciting part is knowing that we will have to setup the room before being approved, so that means we will be making a kids room in our house. How exciting is that?! We, and by we I mean I have convinced my husband, want to paint a mural on one of the walls, and I am thinking that I want it to include a robot and a tree, the rest I am open to ideas. Since we do not know what the sex of the child will be or even an exact age (it can be anywhere from newborn to five), it will be tough to decorate the room and buy all the extras, but for now we will get to make a fun room that our niece, nephew, and little cousins will get to enjoy!

I am going crazy over here with all of these thoughts, so I am trying to focus on the part that makes me happiest, that would be bringing home a child sometimes in the next year or two. And just wanted to add that I had mixed feelings about sharing too much more of this adoption journey because there is so much that can change in the process, but I opted to put myself and my feelings out there for better or worse.

{all photos from weheartit.com}

7 comments:

Al said...

oh- love the second one from the bottom!! with the tree :)

The last one looks like the rabbit like thing is vomiting rainbows?

Elizabeth said...

I know you must be excited. it's such a wonderful feeling!!!

Steph said...

Ah, the 4th from the bottom looks cozy and cute!

LaLa said...

Wow I didn't know you and your hubby were looking to adopt, that's such an amazing and noble thing! I admire you two. I have all the faith that things will work out for you both, I sure your team will turn around too, I wouldn't stress too much sometimes these things happen as a test, at least I believe so. You both seem like extraordinary people and a child would be lucky to be in your care and home! I hope you feel better and I love these bedroom idea, gave me much needed motivation for my son's room!

Jayka said...

thanks lala! today was a much better day

Monique said...

Ok...that bedroom with the tree houses is adorable! Good luck with your foster/adoption process. You guys are in my prayers. :)

Jayka said...

thank you girls!