The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

2.11.2010

LOVE STORIES 2010

Guest Blogger: Monique from BlogsByLatinas.com


What can I say about love that hasn’t been written, sung, yelled, and tattooed on various body parts? We know it’s more than a four letter word. Come on! Great things have been done in the name of love. Ok, love is responsible for some really awful things too. But, the question shouldn’t be, “Do you love?” It should be, “How do you Love?”

Loving someone is more than just saying it, even though it’s super important. By now you’re probably wondering what it means? In my world it means what would I do for my love? How far would I go to make them happy? Would I change for them without compromising who I am? What things can I do to prove how much I love them?

So the next question is…Do you love with your entire being? Or do you just love a little?

You can say the L-word until you’re blue in the face, but in this case…actions definitely speak louder than words. Take a minute to look back at any of your failed relationships (if you have any). Were you guilty of not showing your ex how you love them? What would you do differently if you could? Now, do me a favor…everything you did then…don’t do it now. You don’t want to make the same mistake twice do you?

Here’s an idea: Why not make this entire month Valentine’s Day. Do things out of the ordinary. You know, something that will leave them breathless, in awe, or just straight out speechless. Even planning daily little moments to prove you love them could win them over. Don’t worry, it can be done. Just make sure to research, research, and research for your love ideas.

Remember love is not as difficult as you think. I am proof of it.

"Love doesn't make the world go round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
--Elizabeth Browning

4 comments:

LaLa said...

I absolutely LOVE this post and I think it's by far my favorite Love Stories post!!!

Well put!

Monique said...

Thank You So Much!! You just made my day! :)

Jayka said...

yes! love - love - and love some more. and i "love" the quote too!

thank you monique

Lau said...

Very well written! I really enjoyed your "love" post, all better said than I could have!