The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

2.05.2010

Happy Nutella Day!

Guess what today is?... It's World Nutella Day! How awesome is that. I really enjoy a good spoonful of Nutella, so today I will leave you with my favorite way to enjoy some Nutella!


Nutella Crepes (This is SO YUMMY, I promise.)
I got this recipe from the Canadian Food Network Site:



Ingredients
1 cup flour 
1 egg 
1 tablespoon olive oil 
pinch of salt 
1 cup 1-1/2 cup of milk 
Nutella, as much as you like 
bananas, sliced, as much as you like 
icing sugar for sprinkling 

Directions
In a bowl, combine flour, egg, olive oil, salt and half the milk. Whisk the batter well, adding the remaining milk, a little at a time, until the batter is silky smooth in consistency. 

Add a ladle of batter to a hot non-stick skillet. Evenly smooth out the batter. Cook until the batter sets and the underside is lightly browned. Run a spatula underneath the crepe and flip over. Cook until the other side is lightly browned. Remove from heat. 

Smear nutella over the crepe and add the bananas to one side. Then fold over the crepe and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve immediately. 

You can also add a little scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream to make it extra special ;)

For more info on World Nutella Day visit: nutelladay.com

5 comments:

LaLa said...

mmmmmmmm!!! That does look good, never tried it before!.. Thank you for sharing the goodness!


Have a good weekend! :D

LaLa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new layout!!! We are so the same I get tried of things really quickly too lol I'm the same Ilove changing my layout! this one is sooooo cute!!! Now I'm ready to change again lol I'm trying to hold out till after vday lol

Mindy said...

I've never tried Nutella... how sad is that?!

Jayka said...

OMGosh! You have to try it, I love the stuff.

Copy-righter said...

It's a strange coincidence that the picture of the crepes is the same as the one that purple foodie had on her blog

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaheen-p/3677773872/

I thinkou should have an acknowledgement below the picture. No ?