The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

2.05.2010

LOVE STORIES 2010

Guest Blogger: Victoria from thedayilostmyheart.blogspot.com

Love - a word that means so much yet only has four letters. It's the word that hurts you in the worst possible way, tears you up inside and makes you cry and laugh and smile, all at the same time.

It's not just a word. It's a feeling. You know that warm fuzzy sensation deep in your stomach that you get when you're talking to "that person"? I know you know who I'm talking about. Him. Or her. The person who, when you feel like you could never ever smile again, proves you wrong. The person who you'd do anything for. The person who makes your heart jump and dance and practically do backflips and other acrobatic thingos in your chest. And that warm sensation when you're talking to them shows just how you feel for them, and how you feel when you're with them. That sensation, that simple tingly feeling, is love.

Love's confusing. It never goes the way you want it to, and when it does, you find out that it wasn't so great in the first place. Love's a long winding path of ups and downs and stupids. Love can make you forget everything you've ever worried over, just so you can think about that one person all day long and remember the times you had/have together. To say "I love you" and not mean it is just plain idiotic. Three words and eight letters might not seem so big, but the meaning is.

"I love you."
"I love you too."

It really makes me think about how every morning my mother and I exchange those phrases.
I just say it.. automatically. After so many years of hearing her say that, I just say it back and not think anything of it.

But she does. To know that someone you love loves you back is so reassuringly beautiful.

Falling in love is tragic, and it hurts. Pining over someone when they don't reciprocate is just so annoying and heartbreaking yet we still do it, because when you love someone you don't give up on them even though there are times where you should.

To wrap this all up, love is a painstakingly wreckless, heartbreakingly beautiful, stupidly annoying, painfully lovely feeling, and I hope we can all experience it at some point in our lives.

x, Vic.

2 comments:

Jessy Taylor said...

love really is all of those crazy things, and its amazing how everyone is so willing to feel them all for the chance of reaching the TRUE LOVE the love that is none of those things and is nothing but trust and respect and understanding :)

Thanks Victoria!

P.T said...

"Warm fuzzy sensation" - I like that...it's amazing how he makes me laugh when I'm 'blue vexed'...

That's when I get that warm fuzzy sensation...

Beautifully written...