The Archives: May 2009 - March 2011

1.08.2010

Borracha y apasionada


(I just sewed the shirt that I am wearing, my first time making clothes!)
Mira cómo ando mi amor
Por tu querer
Borracha y apasionada
Nomás por tu amor

Mira cómo ando mi bien
Muy dada a la borrachera
Y a la perdición
My favorite part of hanging out with the Montoya cousins is that I know someone, if not two or three people, are going to have guitars, and at some point in the night I will get to sing Tu Solo Tu. I have no idea why that song is the one I always look forward to, but it's a must for the playlist. I recently purchased a guitar, Minga, and one of my goals for this year is to learn to play her. There is something so special about all of those old songs, it just brings me comfort, its like once I hear the guitar I feel like it's notes wrap me in a warm cocoon of love and memories.


Some of my best memories growing up were those of my fathers family gathered around the living room, spread into the kitchen and hallway because there were so many of us, and my dad would have his guitar, my cousin Daniel would play my keyboards sometimes, and we would all sing together for hours and hours. That is what we did when we got together, we didn't really watch TV at my Mama Cuca's house (that's my grandma), she watched her novelas, but that's a different story. So with no TV on, nothing else happening, rather than sit and talk about our lives we sang songs. Some songs reflected what we were feeling, others, like Tu Solo Tu, were just always played.

Music is in me and I cannot wait to finally let it out on the strings of my beautiful red guitar. I have a feeling Minga and I are going to be best friends.

2 comments:

Layla Winterborne said...

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar...but I've just never been able to master it. I suppose piano is more my thing. =)

beeyum said...

I'm going to learn how to play the guitar also... sometime this year. i like the shirt! great job.